Your medical practice website should be considered to be one of the key elements of your overall marketing strategy. Once you have determined that strategy, you will want to construct your website in a way that will help you carry it out. As part of this process, you will need to decide on the distinct web pages you’d like to include in your website. Below is a list of some of the most common pages that successful medical practice websites include:
- Homepage – your welcome page, a place for the most essential information and where most potential patients get their first impression
- About Us – an introduction to your practice, its mission, philosophy and medical values
- Physician and Staff Bios – who you are, your education, training, background and experience
- Services Overview – the procedures, treatments and therapies you offer
- Service Detail Pages – getting into the specifics about each of your service options
- Patient Forms – for medical history, insurance data, referral requests, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions – a summary of important info not contained elsewhere on your site
- Payment Information – billing rates and schedules, payment options and the like
- Insurance Information – a summary of your policy and a brief explanation of what may or may not be covered
- Patient Education and Resources – library of medical facts, descriptions of symptoms and conditions, research updates and more
- Blog or Q&A – a forum for any kind of rotating, time-sensitive news
- Contact Us – directions, maps, address, phone, email, etc.
In addition to the framework outlined above, each practice might wish to include any number of custom pages. For example, it is possible to add a set of pages that is only visible to your doctors and staff members. Or perhaps you’d like to add a set of pages with photos of your practice in action, recommendations in the press and patient testimonials.
Finally, you’ll want to keep in mind that a website should be a constantly growing and evolving resource, as this will help you rank high in search engine results. Plan on adding a new page a minimum of once per month to at least one section of the site.